SMI Air Force One Tow Motorhomes Vehicle Brake System 99243
Manufacturer part number:
The SMI Air Force One Tow Vehicle Brake System For Motorhomes lets you control the brakes on a towed vehicle proportionally with those of the towing vehicle.
With the SMI Air Force One Tow Vehicle Brake System For Motorhomes, you control the brakes on a towed vehicle proportionally with those of the towing vehicle. This easy to install, truly proportional system uses the air pressure from your RV's brakes, funneling it back to the towed car via a coiled air hose. The towed vehicle will respond just as the master vehicle does, at the same speed and with the same proportional intensity. Because the brakes are synchronized together, there's no risk of "false breaking" with the towed vehicle. The entire system is a permanent installation--no need to set it up for each towing--that stays well-concealed and out of the way in your RV. In the towed vehicle, an actuating cylinder attaches to the brake pedal and responds accordingly to the braking operations of the RV, be they gentle taps or full emergency brakings. This end of the operation is installed largely under the hood of the towed vehicle and is always at the ready when needed. A coiled air hose connects the two systems together when its time for towing. The towed car's vacuum-assisted functions are activated by the air from the coach brakes, even though the towed car is turned off. An LED notification system lights up in the coach of your RV whenever the towed vehicle's brakes are applied, so you'll know everything is running smoothly. An included breakaway cable ensures that the towed vehicle will brake to a stop should it ever accidentally disconnect from the RV.
- Proportional brake system for towing
- Uses air pressure from RV to control towed vehicle's brakes
- Air funneled through coiled, 7' hose
- No false braking
- Brakes are both vehicles are fully synchronized
- Permanent, concealed installation
- Air pressure activates vacuum-assisted functions of towed car
- LED notification light for towing vehicle's coach
- 7' breakaway cable included
- Towed vehicle will brake if disconnected
- Perfect for motor homes with air brakes
- Can accommodate air-over-hydraulic brakes with DOT air line (sold separately)